Day 39: Victory is Ours!

Read: Romans 8:18-39

 Romans 8 | NIV Bible | YouVersion


Romans 8 reminds us that our suffering is only for a season.  The time spent in the desert will be worth it all for the glory that will be revealed.

It is in these times of suffering, these desert seasons, that the Holy Spirit steps up to help us.  At times, our suffering may be so great that we don’t even know how to pray.  Ever been there?  I have.  I can remember a few specific times when I agonized over how I should pray.  I just didn’t know what God would want in that specific situation.  Maybe I knew what I wanted.  But I really wanted to pray in accordance with God’s will, and I just didn’t know what to say.  All I could do was cry.

Should we ask God to take our suffering away?  Do we ask Him to help us to bear it?  Or should we be praying something else altogether?

This is when the Holy Spirit Himself intercedes for us with groanings too deep for words.  And yet, because He is God, His prayers are in perfect accordance with God’s will.

And God promises us that He will work everything together for good.  And He reminds us how much He loves us, that nothing can separate us from His love—certainly not even a desert!  And in Him we will have victory, even in the desert!

Take time to meditate on these passages today, and allow them to minister His comfort and reassurance to you.  He has not forgotten you in the desert.  He has not abandoned you.  He is interceding for you, and is working to bring about victory in your life and in your situation.  And I think that deserves a hallelujah!

 

Listen: Kari Jobe - I Am Not Alone (Live) - YouTube

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

40 Days in the Desert: A Lenten Journey

Day 31: Desert Blossoms